Acer Extensa 5630EZ - Which Battery Voltage ? 11.1V or 14.8V - no original battery.....

Sonic999
Sonic999 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks
Hi Everyone :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how to tell which version of the battery for this laptop I should use ? All the retailers say that there are two available which fit - 11.1V and 14.8V..... and there is no original battery to compare it to ....

Acer Extensa 5630EZ - 422G25Mn

Any ideas gratefully received ?

TIA ! :)

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The answer is really the list of batteries posted, any of those will work. What voltage they are doesn't really matter, though you'll get a bit more running time with the 8 cell rather than the 6 cell versions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, the retailers are correct, you can either buy the 11.1v battery or 14.8v battery, I have attached few example links.
    These are the Part numbers for original batteries:
    BT.00603.042
    BT.00604.025
    BT.00605.021
    BT.00607.016
    BT.00807.015
    Battery ACER BT.00603.042 (aboutbatteries.com)
    Acer BT.00604.025 Battery (laptopsandspares.com)
    BT.00605.021 Battery (8 Cells) (psaparts.co.uk)
    Replacement Laptop Battery for Acer BT.00807.015: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

• Sonic999
    Thanks - however that doesn't answer the question :) 
  • You can check the voltage on the battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sonic999
    Thanks for your reply, however not if you don't have the original or any battery installed .....

You can check the voltage on the battery:

• Can you enter your laptop's snid?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sonic999
    edited February 2021
    Enter it where ?

It's XXXX  if you have any ideas ?

Can you enter your laptop's snid?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    I was referring to SN:

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Copy and paste only the first ten numbers from SN!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sonic999
    "LXECW0X009"
  • billsey
    It should be a six cell, so the 14V version is correct. A bit under 2.5V per cell and the charger voltage is typically 19V.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sonic999

May I ask how you came to that conclusion Billsey ? If it "should be".... why are is there two available ?
    And is "should be" enough to may sure the battery voltage doesn't fry the electronics ?

billsey said:
    It should be a six cell, so the 14V version is correct. A bit under 2.5V per cell and the charger voltage is typically 19V.

• billsey
    edited February 2021
    So these are the batteries listed in the FRU:
    As you can see they are all six cell batteries, just either from different manufacturers or, in the case of the Simplo, slight different capacities. Here are the power adapters:
    Since there are several models that use this guide, it shows both the 90W (for the laptops that have the discrete GPU) and 65W (for those that don't). They are all 19V adapters, though you'd have to look each up to verify me there.
  • Sonic999
    Thanks .... however that still doesn't make much sense to me - as there are 6 cell and 8 cell batteries in that list. Also - most retailers are calling a 6 cell battery 10.8V - 11.1V, and the 8 cell battery 14.1 - 14.4V.

i.e. :
    https://www.laptopsandspares.com/laptop-notebook/acer/oem-pno/bt-00604-025.html

billsey said:
    So these are the batteries listed in the FRU:
    As you can see they are all six cell batteries, just either from different manufacturers or, in the case of the Simplo, slight different capacities. Here are the power adapters:

Since there are several models that use this guide, it shows both the 90W (for the laptops that have the discrete GPU) and 65W (for those that don't). They are all 19V adapters, though you'd have to look each up to verify me there.

• Sonic999
    Do Acer actually have any proper support agents on this forum ?
  • Sonic999 said:
    Do Acer actually have any proper support agents on this forum ?
    No, this community is not an official customer support, members here share their experience and help other members who need help.
    Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region
  • Sonic999
    Can anyone answer the original question please ? Don't seem to be getting anywhere ..... :( 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    The answer is really the list of batteries posted, any of those will work. What voltage they are doesn't really matter, though you'll get a bit more running time with the 8 cell rather than the 6 cell versions.