Nvidia Card causes My Laptop to Crash PH315-52

Options
Sherifelgendy
Sherifelgendy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have a bluescreen problem with my brand new ACER Helios 300 Laptop.

Model: PH315-52

Problem: Laptop crashes every time using software that needs GPU support showing the following: tdr_video_failure.
The softwares I use are Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe Photoshop for video & photo editing

I have done the following to fix the problem and didn't work:
1- perform a factory reset to the laptop, suggested by the support center of ACER.
2- after factory reset made a clean uninstall to both intel & Nvidia cards and re-installed the drivers from ACER, suggested by Nvidia support.
3- installed 2 older versions of the software I use for video editing and the problem still persists.

My laptop should still be under warranty I bought last November.

Don't really know what more to be done, the problem is really annoying since the purpose of buying this laptop is its graphics card so I can edit videos quick.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Sherifelgendy
    I do see you have done most of the steps to fix the issue but did not work. Since the unit is under warranty you should call Acer support and get their help if possible you might need to send it for repair. To contact Acer support check the link below
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Sherifelgendy
    Sherifelgendy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello,

When you buy something as expensive as a 2000& laptop you buy it off a trusted place so in case there is a problem you didn't throw your money on the floor, which I did, I bought my laptop from an authorized by Acer verified by amazon seller, ACER support have advised me that they won't take the laptop back, I am struggling with the support agent who is insisting that it is a software issue, but I did follow all the step he gave and still have the same issue, just 15 minutes ago, I opened my Chrome browser and I had the video editing app on the background not processing anything and the laptop froze and shutdown.

I have done the following so far:
    - Factory reset laptop using Acer care => trying the premiere pro at that stage and got bluescreen
    - updating bios firmware => trying the premiere pro at that stage and got bluescreen
    - updating windows & display drivers => trying the premiere pro at that stage and got bluescreen
    - uninstalling and reinstalling an older version of premiere pro => trying the premiere pro at that stage and got bluescreen

Really fed-up and I regret buying into this brand, don't know what else to be done to be honest.