wanted to know how to Increase VRAM on Aspire 5

Options
GuyShoham
GuyShoham Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
Probably a question that many people ask... I got my Aspire 5 a few days ago with the Iris Xe Graphics video card.
My VRAM currently stands on 128mb and wanted to know how to increase it so I could run games like CS:GO with more than just 10 fps.
If it matters, it's core is Intel i5 Generation 11th.
Thanks in advance :+1:
[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options
    @GuyShoham
    Check the link below it might help you to increase the VRAM
    https://appuals.com/how-to-increase-a-dedicated-video-ram-vram-on-windows-10/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • GuyShoham
    GuyShoham Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the fast reply
    I tried these methods before and it didn't change it unfortunatly. 
    I thought maybe downloading a driver would do the work?
    by the way, in this guide it says I can change it in BIOS, but in the BIOS I can't find what they tell me too (I'll quote): 
    Once you reach the BIOS menu, look for a menu similar to Graphics Settings, Video Settings or VGA Share Memory Size. You can typically find it under the Advanced menu.

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,765 Pathfinder
    Options
    GuyShoham said:
    Thanks for the fast reply
    I tried these methods before and it didn't change it unfortunatly. 
    I thought maybe downloading a driver would do the work?
    by the way, in this guide it says I can change it in BIOS, but in the BIOS I can't find what they tell me too (I'll quote): 
    Once you reach the BIOS menu, look for a menu similar to Graphics Settings, Video Settings or VGA Share Memory Size. You can typically find it under the Advanced menu.

May be you could try calling Acer support to check or to get more help on this. To contact Acer check the below link
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • henry5059
    henry5059 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi, I have an Acer aspire 5 a515-44-r41b with a ryzen 4500u, which I want to know how to upgrade the vram to 2GB, since it has 512MB?.

• tenten1231312
    tenten1231312 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hello, i have an acer aspire 5 a515-45 With ryzen 3 5300u, which I want to know how to upgrade the vram to 2GB, since it has 512MB?
  • CarlosAssisFilho
    CarlosAssisFilho Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Hello! I have a notebook, bought in November, the Aspire A515-45 NX.AYDAL.00C. I updated the BIOS to the latest (1.13) dated 2022/11/11 and successfully added another 16GB 3200MHz RAM stick in place of the 4GB one, totaling 20GB in total. In some topics from the Acer community it informs that the VRAM would be around 20% of the RAM, dynamically configured and in other topics, that there would be an option in the BIOS for you to configure (512MB/1024MB/2048MB, etc)… I believe that this option is not available (either for a technical issue, or for a matter of not having been released/made available so that we can configure this manually and I come here to ask you earnestly for an answer about this, if Acer would be able to provide a BIOS update that it dynamically or manually, managed to raise the amount of VRAM beyond the current 512MBs.

• CarlosAssisFilho
    CarlosAssisFilho Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
  • duronto_
    duronto_ Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited April 23
    Options

Hi,
    I got my Aspire 5 a515-45 . Processor: ''AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics''
    My VRAM currently stands on 512mb and wanted to know how to increase it. so I could run games like valorant.
    It will be vary helpful for me to know that how increase.
    Thanks in advance.

• duronto_
    duronto_ Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Hi,
    I got my Aspire 5 a515-45 .
    My VRAM currently stands on 512mb and wanted to know how to increase it. so I could run games like valorant.
    It will be vary helpful for me to know that how increase.
    Thanks in advance.