Can you guys help me find a legit copy of a user manual for a TC-105 from 2012?

Hey y'all, I have a 2012 Acer TC-105 prebuild, and I am running into a few problems identifying what certain headers do on the motherboard. I have scoured the internet for a legitimate ENGLISH copy of a manual for my pc, and I cannot find one for it. In reality, I just need a schematic of what each of the headers do on my motherboard, (It is an Acer AAHD3-VC). If you guys could help me, it would be a life saver. Thank you so much, Garde.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hey y'all, I have a 2012 Acer TC-105 prebuild, and I am running into a few problems identifying what certain headers do on the motherboard. I have scoured the internet for a legitimate ENGLISH copy of a manual for my pc, and I cannot find one for it. In reality, I just need a schematic of what each of the headers do on my motherboard, (It is an Acer AAHD3-VC). If you guys could help me, it would be a life saver. Thank you so much, Garde.
    Here is the link to download the user manual for TC-105

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4864?b=1
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    The user manual usually doesn't have motherboard info in it, here is the layout from the service guide:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    billsey said:
    The user manual usually doesn't have motherboard info in it, here is the layout from the service guide:

billsey  where do you get this diagram from? Have you got a link to other Acer products? As I need a mobo diagram for a V3-571G and other Acer laptops. Your assistance is appreciated, thanks. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    They are in the Service Guides and not publicly available. The laptops are harder, since they have custom motherboards designed specifically for the chassis, they often don't give as detailed of info in the SG. What do you need to know about the V3-571G?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Emergencygrant
    Emergencygrant Member Posts: 9 New User

OKay herers the desal I appreciate all the assitance sorry for the delayed respomse my coreo 2 due crappeds out and i bought a core 22 duo 4 core 4 thead cppu

OKAY

Listen basic simple question to wrap up this thread

How do i tell if this thing has given up the ghost

• Emergencygrant
    Emergencygrant Member Posts: 9 New User

AKA I( sjould abandone unless there is a defintite way to fix or use thos Board because the value their charging on this same board i cvould buy 2 new boards for this opnes used cost

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

Emergencygrant I don't know which CPU, RAM, GPU and PSU you have or what you have done with your TC-105 desktop or what new CPU you have bought, give us more details on that, As and if you have fitted the wrong CPU or RAM to this TC-105 it will NOT work, and will also not work if the 200W PSU is faulty, so check that out. With the mobo, connect the PSU and fit the cpu and RAM and boot the mobo on and see if it works, as that is a pre way to check if the system works.

The OEM specs for the TC-105 desktop are as follows:

1. OEM CPU is the AMD Socket FM2 and Acer fitted OEM CPU is the AMD A10-6700.
    2. OEM this desktop came with 6 GB RAM, Internal memory type: DDR3-SDRAM 240pin
    3. Total storage capacity: 1000 GB 5200rpm mechanical drive
    4.  Discrete graphics card model: AMD Radeon HD 8470
    5. Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
    6.  Operating system installed: Windows 8.1, Operating system architecture: 64-bit
    7. Power supply: 200 W

If you have the OEM Acer motherboard and GPU and you want to upgrade this desktop to work allot better with Win-10, then I would upgrade to the following:

1. CPU - upgrade to the top AMD A10-6899K 4 core/4 threads 4.1 GHz / 4.4GHz turbo / 4MB L2 cache/TDP 100W CPU that is 99% upgradeable to this mobo and chipset.
    2. RAM - upgrade to this chipset's max memory capacity of 16GB total at 4x 4GB SDRAM type DDR3-1600 • CL=11 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 240-pin • 1.35V • 2Rx8 • PC3-12800
    3. GPU - Upgrade the GPU from the Raedon HD 8470 to the GeForce GT 1030 SC
    4. 2.5" SSD -Upgrade the boot drive to a 2.5" SSD SATA 3 at 6GB/s

After you have upgrade everything above, and everything works 100% for at least a week on this TC-105 desktop, check the bios version that your desktop has, and compare it to the TC-105s bios section in the Aspire TC-105 Drivers & Manuals and make sure that you have the last appropriate bios version installed. If you do all the above upgrades, then you will have a very workable Win-10 Pro OS that will be quite a useful tool to upgrade this desktop to. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Note: If your TC-105 came with the Win-8.1 version OS digital license then your desktop is eligible for the Microsoft Win-10 Pro version or if it came with Win-8 only then its eligible for the Win-10 Home digital license version for a FREE upgrade, so take advantage of that also.