g3-605 will at gtx 1050 ti fit

Options
Destinite
Destinite Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
will a gtx 1050 ti fit my g3-605 i7 4790 with a 500w power supply, will i need to do anything else to upgrade it

Answers

• Destinite
    Destinite Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thanks for the reply i have ordered this MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING X 4GB OC GPU

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Destinite    

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti uses a PCIe (PCI Express) 3.0 x16 slot interface. It can use other, slower PCIe slots on your motherboard and still operate, although slower. Normally, I would put it in a physical slot that is a PCIe 2.0 x16 or better. So normally i
    f the motherboard has a PEG (Pci Express Graphics) port then it will work, though the data transfer between motherboard chipset and GPU will be at lower speed if the port on the MB is V1.0 or V2.0, because the 1050Ti supports V3.0 but that is not really a big problem, if you are not using high texture settings in games.

You should use a software utility to check you motherboard model, for example CPU-Z, or look for its specification on Acer's support website, select your country to get the correct manual version.

Please click on "Yes" if I answered your question. 

Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @Destinite    

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti uses a PCIe (PCI Express) 3.0 x16 slot interface. It can use other, slower PCIe slots on your motherboard and still operate, although slower. Normally, I would put it in a physical slot that is a PCIe 2.0 x16 or better. So normally i
    f the motherboard has a PEG (Pci Express Graphics) port then it will work, though the data transfer between motherboard chipset and GPU will be at lower speed if the port on the MB is V1.0 or V2.0, because the 1050Ti supports V3.0 but that is not really a big problem, if you are not using high texture settings in games.

You should use a software utility to check you motherboard model, for example CPU-Z, or look for its specification on Acer's support website, select your country to get .

Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)