Where to find suitable motherboard for Acer Aspire 5 a515-54xm

Triple3
Triple3 Member Posts: 45

Tinkerer

Basically my laptop broke and the tapir shop said they might not be able to get the parts needed. I want to see if that’s true. Please let me know ASAP because if this laptop isn’t fixed, I won’t have a laptop for the next few years

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Google the keywords "A515-54" "motherboard" for vendors who ship to your region. Aliepress has them. However, new boards are about half the price of a brand new laptop. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Google the keywords "A515-54" "motherboard" for vendors who ship to your region. Aliepress has them. However, new boards are about half the price of a brand new laptop. Jack E/NJ

Yeah. After our discussion a month ago I decided to just take it to a shop and he just said he might not be able to fix it since he can’t find parts. I don’t understand why no one makes these even if the laptop itself goes out of production. Now you have people like me who won’t be able to use mine because of a simple ram or ssd upgrade that went wrong. Pretty much 800$ down the drain.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>I don’t understand why no one makes these even if the laptop itself goes out of production.>>>

That's because new replacement mainboards are still in stock from---and still being sold by---many vendors at a market price of about $350USD.  So yes, the shop tech can't find the part. But only because it's a lot more than you both expected to pay for it. Sorry. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Triple3

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>I don’t understand why no one makes these even if the laptop itself goes out of production.>>>

That's because new replacement mainboards are still in stock from---and still being sold by---many vendors at a market price of about $350USD.  So yes, the shop tech can't find the part. But only because it's a lot more than you both expected to pay for it. Sorry. Jack E/NJ
    *****. This is the most annoying thing ever tbh. I had 150 saved up and now it’s either I buy a new laptop and no editing rig or fix this for half the laptops cost itself and man