What to do?

Ainhel112300
Ainhel112300 Member Posts: 7 New User
I accidentally spilled milk on my laptop's keyboard. I wiped it then continuously use it for about 30 mins. Then shut it down. The next day, i turned it on and it says "no bootable device". is it repairable?

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Liquid damage is very hard to repair, you best option is to turn the laptop upside down open and leave it hoping for the best, how much was spilled?
  • Leostat
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    It will, the worse case scenario is its touched the motherboard and caused a short breaking it, best case theres liquid sitting in the keybaord try. Milk will curdel and start to smell fowl if any if left in there!

re reading the op, if you are getting no bootable device it likley hasnt shorted, some  liquid could have got onto the drive breaking it. I really would recomend taking it somewhere to try and save at keeping it upside dot so the liquid cant seep in anymore!
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Depends on whats wrong with it. If your lucky all that will need doing is cleaning the board. But its impossible to say :(
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Its not possible to say! It depends on who you take it to, it *could* be done in hours,  but most shops will take a few days to look at fixing computers, if its in warranty, you could try the acer support. But liquid damage voids the warrant if any of the dmaage indicators have been tripped

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Liquid damage is very hard to repair, you best option is to turn the laptop upside down open and leave it hoping for the best, how much was spilled?
  • Ainhel112300
    Almost half a cup was spilled. Will it cost to let a professional take care of it?
  • Leostat
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    It will, the worse case scenario is its touched the motherboard and caused a short breaking it, best case theres liquid sitting in the keybaord try. Milk will curdel and start to smell fowl if any if left in there!

re reading the op, if you are getting no bootable device it likley hasnt shorted, some  liquid could have got onto the drive breaking it. I really would recomend taking it somewhere to try and save at keeping it upside dot so the liquid cant seep in anymore!
  • Ainhel112300
    Oh it does smell fowl.
  • Ainhel112300
    Will it take long fixing it? 
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Depends on whats wrong with it. If your lucky all that will need doing is cleaning the board. But its impossible to say :(
  • Ainhel112300
    If it's the drive like you say, will it take days? Or hours?
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Its not possible to say! It depends on who you take it to, it *could* be done in hours,  but most shops will take a few days to look at fixing computers, if its in warranty, you could try the acer support. But liquid damage voids the warrant if any of the dmaage indicators have been tripped