My Acer Aspire 5 Slim laptop won't turn on!!

Koki
Koki Member Posts: 1 New User
Okay, so basically here's the story.
I take my 1.3 month old laptop in my backpack to school every day so i can do my assignments. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? All of a sudden, I open it up in history class and kaboom- it freezes up.

No big deal, right? I try to click around for a few minutes but everything's completely shut off, so I power my laptop off as well.

I try to power it back on, and needless to say, I'm rather confused as to why the green acer logo isn't showing up, indicating the laptop is on- especially because the keyboard lit up every time I turned it on!

After twenty minutes of panicking, turning it on and off with no result, finally the logo appears. 

Salvation.

In my next class, it happens again. But this time? It lasts a whole hour, rendering me utterly useless the whole period.

I tried to do online class one day- but the laptop wouldn't turn on for three hours! And when it did, it froze immediately, and I had to shut it off again, trying for another hour (even reasoning out loud with my laptop!) before it finally turned on again.

I have tried reseting the battery with the pinhole on the back. (Spoiler! It didn't work.) I can occasionally turn it on by holding down the power button, but it lasts until I turn it off if i'm lucky. Usually, though, it freezes everything and I have to force-shutdown my laptop.

When I try to turn it on and off, the blue light comes on and off but the monitor does not. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either- the laptop's completely shut down. I can hear it trying to work (the fan at the back freaks out whenever I leave it open and half-on for a while) and I have to hope and pray for that glorious green logo upon startup.

The model number is N19C3!

Thanks for paying attention to my troubles- your help is much appreciated! I will give more info upon request.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,811 Trailblazer
    >>>I have tried reseting the battery with the pinhole on the back. (Spoiler! It didn't work.)>>>

Remove the charger. Re-do the paperclip reset for 60 seconds while at the same time pressing and holding the power button. Plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chauvhoy
    Chauvhoy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey where can I buy a replacement charger for my acre n19c3
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,811 Trailblazer
    Simply google keywords 'n1963' 'charger' for vendors who ship to Jamaica. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Koki,

Is there any light indication when you connect the charger to the unit. And also check that your unit is charger enough to run.