Acer ED272 27" Monitor - Wall Mountable? how do I remove the stand fixture

Options
Nurul4145
Nurul4145 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Monitors
Hi there.  Just bought this monitor and wanted to know if it's wall mountable?  Also, if it is, how do I remove the stand fixture as I can't see the screws to undo this? Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,870 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I see no indication that the ED272 model have support for an alternate mount. To mount it on the wall would require some MacGyver like modifications using the original mount. Not recommended at all, IMHO.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Nurul4145 said:
    Hi there.  Just bought this monitor and wanted to know if it's wall mountable?  Also, if it is, how do I remove the stand fixture as I can't see the screws to undo this? Thanks
    Please download the user manual and follow the instructions to setup the monitor.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7439?b=1
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I see no indication that the ED272 model have support for an alternate mount. To mount it on the wall would require some MacGyver like modifications using the original mount. Not recommended at all, IMHO.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nurul4145
    Nurul4145 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I bought this from PC World online and it stated it can be wall mounted and unpacking it, I realised they gave inocrrect info, now have to return it tomorrow.  It's a shame as it looks like a really good monitor.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, that's too bad that they gave the wrong info... I bet their ad writer just assumes all monitors have a VESA mount built in, even though many do not.
  • Kishoremarojuu
    Kishoremarojuu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, by default this monitor is not wall mountable, but you can do it  by little more extra efforts, 
    1. Got this adhesive stickers from Amazon, this can hold monitors upto 22 lbs, I will attach Amazon link in here for reference, 
    2. You cannot remove base stand by default, you will need to remove the pannel verry carefully, use credit card to move from one edge to other and remove the base pole completely, over all wal mountable monitor finally looks like this, thanks . 

ZHC high-Strength Paste, Universal VESA mounting Adapter kit, Non-VESA Adapter for Monitor Screens of 17 to 32 inches, Suitable for Monitor Installation Under 22 pounds https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08W27HYJ9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_PGDWQBDKG9MNQWYBW06T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1