Can I upgrade RAM for Aspire Switch 10 E

Supriya
Supriya Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2021 in Switch Series
Hi I have a Aspire Switch 10E and default RAM is 2GB. Can I upgrade RAM to 4GB? Is there any extra RAM slot or can i replace the RAM in the existing slot?
SNID XXXXX

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Answers

• Hi,
    If your model is SW3-016, you have only a onboard memory and no slots available for upgrade.
  • Rambotan
    Rambotan Member Posts: 2 New User

Can i not remove 2gb onboard memory and replace by soldering 4gb ram instead?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Which Switch 10 E model do you have? As suggested you might have a SW3-xxx-xxxx model, but it might also be a Sxxx-xxx-xxxx instead. They made those Switches for several years, and specs are different for different ones. With different chipsets in different years the amount of memory supported is also often different. Typically replacing the onboard memory is a bigger job than the machine is worth, since it takes specialized equipment to work with surface mount components without damaging the other parts.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rambotan
    Rambotan Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi thank u for ur reply.

Sw13-013P so is it too hard for this model. Asolutely love laptop as if it had 4gb i could run win 10 64bit instead of 32bit

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Unless it has a bigger eMMC drive installed than most of that model, you don't want to run a 64bit OS because it will take up too much room. BTW, SW3-013P maybe? The P just means it has Windows Pro instead of Home by default.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.