Helios 300 2019 (PH315-52-78VL) RAM

Options
ArchDevil
ArchDevil Member Posts: 50 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
So i need to replace my defective RAM sticks on my Helios 300 and i would like to know if any of these kits will work and run at 2666MHz?
Still didn't decide if I'll go with 16GB and or 32GB ao I've included both.

Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x8GB) Kit

I'm asking because i read there is an issue? that even if the RAM advertised to run on 2666, somehow it will end up running at 2400. Is it gonna be the case with the Crucial and HyperX Kits on the Helios 300?
Thanks in advance. 🙂

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    ArchDevil said:
    So i need to replace my defective RAM sticks on my Helios 300 and i would like to know if any of these kits will work and run at 2666MHz?
    Still didn't decide if I'll go with 16GB and or 32GB ao I've included both.

Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x8GB) Kit

I'm asking because i read there is an issue? that even if the RAM advertised to run on 2666, somehow it will end up running at 2400. Is it gonna be the case with the Crucial and HyperX Kits on the Helios 300?
    Thanks in advance. 🙂
    Firstly, your PH315-52-78VL can take 32GB max with 2x SO-DIMM sticks of DDR4-SDRAM. To be sure, install CPUID and see your OEM ram speed/timing and match that or do a cmd prompt memory speed, size, type, part number, form factor investigation as putting overclocked memory does not work with certain laptops as their governing factor is its cpu and chipset. Also, check this Intel i7-9750H and PH315-52-78VL specs for your laptop, as this gives you a pretty good spec guide to all memory type and max capacity that your cpu/chipset can handle.