Acer Aspire tc-885

Bubzy1st
Bubzy1st Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I'm currently using a Acer Aspire tc-885 And cannot find the motherboard name This is a huge issue since I want to upgrade my case and don't want to buy a new motherboard
I have been using it since 2019 and Still couldn't find the motherboard since then. I don't know what cases it can fit in I really want to get a NZXT H510 But not sure if it would fit in the case

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Bubzy1st
    I also have a TC-885. As far as I know the motherboard is Acer's TC-885 using Intel B360 chipset. The biggest problem is front panel ports are soldered to the motherboard, so only Acer's custom case will fit the motherboard. Rear panel IO shields may not fit too.

You may want to drop this idea of migrating the motherboard to other non- Acer cases.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer
    The motherboard is a DTX form factor, very close to uATX and uses the same mounting pattern. As @ttttt says though the front 'diving board' on the motherboard will no longer be usable if it goes into a different case. If you can live without those ports, or can figure out how to cable them forward for a new case, then most standard cases will work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.