Predator Helios 300 Realtek Audio Issue (Audio not working) PH315-52,

Options
GRobert74
GRobert74 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello! I have a Predator PH315-52, after reinstalling the os (win10) the audio worked without any issues for a few days and suddenly stopped working after some automatic update I guess. I tried to download the drivers from the official page, audio driver, audio controler, audio utility and install them via device manager -> update -> select from folder but it says that I already have the latest drivers. 
Tried uninstalling the driver from device manager but no luck. 
I also tried with a Realtek installer(driver downloaded from 3dp chip software), after I run the executable the driver installs succesfuly and after restarting the audio works but the Realtek driver installer keeps showing in loop, if i cancel the loop install pop-up, after closing the laptop and starting it again the audio still doesn’t work. 
Is there anything else that I could try without reinstalling the os again? Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you! 

Best Answer

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @GRobert74
    Try the below step and check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Jack22
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @GRobert74
    Try the below step and check
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the unit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart​

• GRobert74
    GRobert74 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thank you for the reply, Jack! I looked for a pin hole and there is none on the back of the unit and couldn't do the power drain. But I tried to reset the bios to default settings as you said and after saving changes and booting in windows again the Realtek driver in device manager was shown with a yellow ''?
    '' mark. Tried again to update (selected the driver file manually, version 6.0.1.8652 from the official driver page for the product) and still says that I have the latest version. In windows update it recognized that I didn't have the driver and downloaded it automatically but still didn't work after restarting. 
    I uninstalled the driver again from device manager and found a random realtek driver installer for a Acer G3-571, version 6.0.1.8152. After rebooting I ran into the same loop with the driver setup but after cancelling the instalation it seems to work fine even after restarting and the setup doesn't show again after booting in windows.. so it got fixed somehow. 
  • Jack22
    Options
    @GRobert74
    Good to know the issue got resolved