Aspire TC-895-UA91 and overscan problems with Panasonic Viera TC-L32C3

ymark1
ymark1 Member Posts: 2 New User
So, my old Aspire finally bit the dust and I purchased a new one.  My old one was connected to my Panasonic TV via a computer cable.  The new one only has HDMI, so I hooked it up using that.  Everything runs off the edge of the screen.  So I've been fiddling about with the settings on the TV and the computer.

Right now I have the TV set to Aspect adjustments/Screen format = FULL.  This gives me a desktop with only about 1/2"  missing all the way around. (the closest to correct)
I have the computer resolution set to 1366 x 768 Landscape.  Again, this gives the closest to correct image size, but still 1/2" missing all the way around.

Add on top of this having to learn Windows10 (yetch) and my headache is of massive proportions! 

I have read several posts on several forums about overscan and how to fix it and I've fiddled with my TV settings and my computer resolution and this is still the best I can get.  It would seem to me that if the only output method is HDMI that there should at least be a graphics utility that would allow you to adjust your settings EASILY using some kind of graphic interface, some kind of WYSIWYG utility.  That way all you'd have to do is select the correctly displayed screen and the computer would make the adjustments.

Since we don't have something like that, I would appreciate anyone's assistance in solving this problem. 
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    You need to tell the TV to remove overscan, so the FULL setting will cut off the edges and there should be another setting that doesn't.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ymark1
    ymark1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    The only other Aspect Ratio Settings are:  JUST, 4:3, ZOOM, and H-FILL.  None of which make the TV stop overscan, in fact, they all make the picture worse!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    It might not be possible with your TC-L32C3, I certainly don't find any reference to overscan in the owners manual. Try setting the display aspect ratio to game mode to see what that does.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.