ACER NITRO VG1 Series VG271U PS5 compatibility

Options
ConnorGMan
ConnorGMan Member Posts: 2 New User
I have turned on performance mode on ps5 and still this monitor won’t do 120fps even though it’s a 144hz, can anyone help?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Its due to scaling thats going on in the monitor and the HDMI version in it, the PS5 may be chucking out 4k which then has to be downscalled to 1440p as the PS5 doesnt (yet) nativly support 1440p.

The monitor has HDMI2.0 according to amazon which is only able to do 4k at  60fps. If it supported the lower res it would be able to go upto 120fps.

It may be enabled by a future update by sony by them adding native 1440 though, which im hoping for too!
  • ConnorGMan
    ConnorGMan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks mate!, it just that I’ve seen many people with 1440p and the game has enabled them to play on 1080 120fps when loading up a certain game that supports it, that’s why I thought I had a problem?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Nah, is not a "problem" as such it just depends on the monitor. Some cant downscale so it outputs to 1080 and stetches, or 1080 and upscales, yours is fancy and can downscale but i dont think there is a way to trick it to do the 1080
  • Jimste
    Jimste Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Im sorry but did you fix so you get 120fps on this monitor
  • assbeeter
    assbeeter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    So i have the same monitor and can confirm that I am indeed able to play on 120 fps but mind you its @ 1080p120Hz. You have to enable 120Hz output in PS5 settings. Post that when you launch COD Warzone you will notice resolution will automatically switch to 1080p and 120Hz.
    To verify this you can go to the monitor settings > Gaming > Refresh Rate Num > ON
    You will notice the refresh rate will have changed to 120 indicated on the top right corner of the screen.
    To summarize the PS5 will automatically switch to 1080p120Hz / 120 fps in supported games provided you have the 120Hz output option enabled in PS5 video settings.
  • momo_01
    momo_01 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey i have the same monitor and 120hz enabled, i think i have to do something on the monitor right? it displays me only 60hz. Pls help.
  • momo_01
    momo_01 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options
    120hz is enabled on the ps5*
  • Frky22
    Frky22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Has anyone solved this problem??? I have VG271U monitor which won't run 120fps even though the settings on PS5 are all set as required - performance mode is on, 1080p, HDR is off and 120hz enabled. I have tried literally everything, and still Warzone won't run more than 60hz...