RAM upgrade AN515-54-55ZM

weiner87weiner87 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 1 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
Hello, I have a nitro 5 gaming laptop with an 8Gb DDR4 Memory. what I am wondering is can I upgrade the RAM by adding another 8gb stick or just add a 16Gb and how easy is it to replace? 
Thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,751 Community Aficionado
    Hi which type of laptop? Such as AN-515-53 or PT-512-52? 

As for the ram, download CPU-z and look under the SPD tab, does it have two slots in use or one? Most likley you will need to buy a 16Gig kit. As for how easy it depends on the model. Although most are really simple to do, just pop the back pannel and pop new ram in
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • weiner87weiner87 Member Posts: 3 New User
    It is a AN515-54-55ZM, I'm currently using 2 slots. ok will look into purchasing a kit thank you very much
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,751 Community Aficionado
    Thanks for sharing the number :) the max freq. it supports is 2666Mhz, anything above that may not work (Should do and clock down, but its always hit and miss)
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • magulamagula Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Here's how to remove the back cover: I also want to expand the memory. I would need an extra 8 GB of memory. If you need 16 GB I would be happy to buy your 8 GB memory if the memory type: Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA2-11 ACR26D4S9S8HJ-8
  • weiner87weiner87 Member Posts: 3 New User
    thank you for video, on the CPU-z download both my currents sticks are 4gb. when I pop the back cover open I will let you know what type they are, however I won't be getting new ram till end of month if you wanted to wait till then. 
  • NIKHILDKNIKHILDK Member Posts: 1 New User
    I  want to upgrade ram on my acer nitro 5 54  i want same ram and same specs Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA2-11 ACR26D4S9S8HJ-8 can you help me buy this.??