RAM upgrade AN515-54-55ZM

weiner87
weiner87 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I have a nitro 5 gaming laptop with an 8Gb DDR4 Memory. what I am wondering is can I upgrade the RAM by adding another 8gb stick or just add a 16Gb and how easy is it to replace? 
Thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Hi which type of laptop? Such as AN-515-53 or PT-512-52? 

As for the ram, download CPU-z and look under the SPD tab, does it have two slots in use or one? Most likley you will need to buy a 16Gig kit. As for how easy it depends on the model. Although most are really simple to do, just pop the back pannel and pop new ram in
  • weiner87
    It is a AN515-54-55ZM, I'm currently using 2 slots. ok will look into purchasing a kit thank you very much
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Thanks for sharing the number :) the max freq. it supports is 2666Mhz, anything above that may not work (Should do and clock down, but its always hit and miss)
  • magula
    magula Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello Here's how to remove the back cover: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCEedWT9wQ4 I also want to expand the memory. I would need an extra 8 GB of memory. If you need 16 GB I would be happy to buy your 8 GB memory if the memory type: Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA2-11 ACR26D4S9S8HJ-8
  • weiner87
    thank you for video, on the CPU-z download both my currents sticks are 4gb. when I pop the back cover open I will let you know what type they are, however I won't be getting new ram till end of month if you wanted to wait till then. 
  • NIKHILDK
    NIKHILDK Member Posts: 1 New User
    I  want to upgrade ram on my acer nitro 5 54  i want same ram and same specs Kingston 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA2-11 ACR26D4S9S8HJ-8 can you help me buy this.??