Can i upgrade cpu and gpu on my Acer aspire A315-42?

Tigerz72
Tigerz72 Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an Acer aspire A315-42 amd radeon vega 8 graphics and i want to know if i could upgrade the gpu or cpu?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Tigerz72 said:
    I have an Acer aspire A315-42 amd radeon vega 8 graphics and i want to know if i could upgrade the gpu or cpu?

No, as they are soldered onto the motherboard, the only easy way is to upgrade the motherboard to a higher spec cpu/gpu of the Aspire A315-42 motherboard that you have? As its very costly changing the cpu/gpu and you need special equipment and expertise to do it, that is if you can get the parts? Get a new laptop (its cheaper) of a higher specs laptop that you want, don't waste your $'s on an upgrade.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,434 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Tigerz72 said:

No, as they are soldered onto the motherboard, the only easy way is to upgrade the motherboard to a higher spec cpu/gpu of the Aspire A315-42 motherboard that you have? As its very costly changing the cpu/gpu and you need special equipment and expertise to do it, that is if you can get the parts? Get a new laptop (its cheaper) of a higher specs laptop that you want, don't waste your $'s on an upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.