False contact with charging cable? Predator Helios 300

Options
Nessuno
Nessuno Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hey, folks. I got my Predator Helios 300 in late 2019 and overall I'm pretty happy with it but for the last few months it has been having this issue where while plugged in the laptop will fail to recognize that it is plugged in and will switch to battery mode. Initially this was only an occasional thing but it is getting progressively worse and since I use my laptop for work I'd rather not have it lose the ability to charge in the middle of the semester (grad student). 

What is the best option moving forward? I called a local repair place and they advised me to buy a new charger for the laptop and try that out and only if that didn't work to come in with them since they'd have to charge me over 100 bucks between labor and parts either way and if it's just the charger I'd be saving money if I get it on my own. This makes sense to me but I'm reaching out here in case this is a running issue with my specific model where it is almost certain to be the charger plug in the laptop, not the charger itself.

Advice much appreciated.