Low Quality of Battery used in Acer Service Center Switch SAS 271.

Options
patcharat
patcharat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Switch Series
At beginning of year 2017 , I bought ACER Switch  SAS 271.   In Feb 2019 under warranty period , there was battery problem then ACER Service Center had replaced new battery.  Recently ,Jan 2021 , there was same battery problem again.   Acer Service Center has just changed new battery and charged me at US 77. 

Acer had shown me the old swolen battery after changing.  I checked and found that it was produced (mfg) on 2016/08.  Meaning that in 2019, Acer Service Center had used 3 years old battery (mfg 2016) for repairing my computer.  Therefore, the life time of battery was very short and could be used till ended 2020.  
Please note that I normally few hour use notebook a day becuase I was retired since 2017. 

Question : 1. Why Acer Service Center used out of date and low quality battery for serving customer in 2019 ? 
                 2. Do you have proper SOP to check quality of your old stock ?
                 3. Will Acer take responsibility of using low quality battery in this case ?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi patcharat,

I am very sorry to hear this, I understand it can be very frustrating but unfortunately the Acer community is not the right channel for your request (this is not customer service or tech support channels), the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. I recommend you contacting your local support channels to have this escalated and see the options they might have for you: https://www.acer.com/ac/th/TH/content/service3

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.