what power connecter do i use for a 24 pin 500 power supply to 6 pin motherboard acer TC-875-UR11

Options
rtrtrtrtrt
rtrtrtrtrt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I am trying to put a 500 watt power supply and a geforce gtx 1650 super to a acer TC-875-UR11 but the motherboard on the computer is 6 pin power connecter and the power supply is 500 watt 24 pin power connecter and I dont know what connecter will work because i dont want to burn the computer out. can someone help me?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @rtrtrtrtrt
    The 500W 24-pin power supply is a standard ATX PSU. The TC-875-UR11 uses just a totally different PSU.
    Unless you are an electrician that can make all that modifications, I would suggest you to return the 500W PSU for refund if possible.
  • rtrtrtrtrt
    rtrtrtrtrt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @ttttt but what would i do with the graphics card because it needs a 350watt minimum power wattage and the Tc-875-Ur11 only has 300 watts
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @rtrtrtrtrt
    I would try to get a refund  for the graphics card if possible. If the graphics card is a low profile card that does not require extra PCIe 6-pin power connector to it you can try it on the existing PC. If the 300W power cannot power it, it will just not work and won't burn the motherboard. If it works you are in luck. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,364 Trailblazer
    Options
    Acer has 500W supplies available for other models, and since the form factor is the same they can be used on yours. Two Acer part numbers for 500W supplies are: DC.5001H.001 and DC.5001B.009.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • drGerz
    drGerz Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Bad English through online translation. Excuse me. I connected my TC895 to a standard ATX24. True, the power supply has to be started with a toggle switch, and then turn on the PC with a button. According to the link, a person remakes a 6-pin connector. But this is at your own peril and risk.

• billsey
    Options
    I hope that isn't wired as the colors indicate... They have the power switch connected to -12V and +5V standby. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • drGerz
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have it connected like this. Green PsON is permanently connected to black. This starts the power supply. And only 12V comes to the motherboard. The PC is turned on with the button. Therefore, at the end of the work, I turn off the power supply with the toggle switch.

• billsey
    Options
    The power switch should be wired between the green Power On and one of the black Ground wires. The +12V/Ground pairs should be wired to each of the two power connectors on the MB.

• drGerz
    Options
    I will try to connect the GND on the 4. I have this circuit. On the native power supply, the 4 pin was free. I connected PsON to the first one, but the power supply did not start, and then there was no time to figure it out. Therefore, I made a temporary option through the toggle switch. Thank you for your attention to the topic.