My replacement battery is worse than the original. How do I use my warranty? Acer Aspire E-15 E5-576

soji
soji Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer Aspire E-15 E5-576. I was having issues with the battery so I bought a replacement from NewEgg (the battery in question https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-003Z-01AW0). It's manufactured by Acer and I wanted to check the warranty but serial number locator no longer exists. Is there anything I can do to still get my warranty? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Immediately return the battery pack to NewEgg as defective for a refund or exchange before NewEgg's returns policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. ACER only warrants the original battery pack that was inside your laptop for a period of one-year. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• soji
    soji Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Immediately return the battery pack to NewEgg as defective for a refund or exchange before NewEgg's returns policy period expires. Usually only a few weeks. ACER only warrants the original battery pack that was inside your laptop for a period of one-year. Jack E/NJ
    Unfortunately I'm already past the return policy window
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    You purchased a generic battery pack from a non-ACER reseller that was manufactured either by LGC, Panasonic, Simplo or possibly another battery generic supplier that claim to meet ACER battery specifications. This means that ACER is NOT the actual battery manufacturer. Look at the small print on the battery label to see if you can find the actual manufacturer and seek a replacement from them. Since you're  beyond the returns policy you should refer to this link to see if you can take advantage of a limited one-year warranty. Unfortunately, I suspect it will be very limited from a highly-discounted non-ACER  vendor like NewEgg. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ