Stock CPU backplate not standard, cannot install third party CPU air cooler

Options
Txugo
Txugo Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Customer support,

I have recently acquired an CPU air cooler but I cannot install it because the ACER stock backplate is not standard (see picture “stock backplate). The CPU backplate and the cooler backplate are just one plate.  

The CPU runs very hot with the stock cooler very hot while gaming, reaching easily 90-100°.

I would need a CPU backplate as seen in picture “needed cpu backplate”  is order to install the new cooler back plate over it.

Would you know where could I get a standard CPU back plate?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    You probably want to run that past Acer, there is no direct access to Acer customer support here, this is a community board. What computer do you have? Most of the Acer motherboards I'm aware of have the standard CPU mounting arrangements provided by the CPU manufacturer. Your first picture shows 75mm between holes, but the second picture has no measurements so I can't see what's different.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    I ran into the same issue. I bought an NH-D9L and found then realized it didn't fit when I went through all the trouble of taking the motherboard out. Txugo, if you find an answer can you post it here? I'd love to install what I bought.