Will the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 motherboard support an 125watt gen 10 cpu .

Options
SM54
SM54 Member Posts: 1 New User
Will the Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 motherboard support an 125watt  gen 10 cpu .

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All the stock processors are 65W version, so you are asking about doubling the heat load. You would certainly want to upgrade the cooling, but otherwise there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Look at your overall power budget, if you are thinking of that type of an upgrade you are likely to also be looking at upgrading the GPU as well, and the ATX12VO power supplies are still in short supply. You can get a 500W from Acer but I don't know of any third parties doing bigger ones yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    All the stock processors are 65W version, so you are asking about doubling the heat load. You would certainly want to upgrade the cooling, but otherwise there shouldn't be too much of a problem. Look at your overall power budget, if you are thinking of that type of an upgrade you are likely to also be looking at upgrading the GPU as well, and the ATX12VO power supplies are still in short supply. You can get a 500W from Acer but I don't know of any third parties doing bigger ones yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.