Coldplug all udev devices ? Spin 1

raysa
raysa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Linux
Trying to re-install Manjaro linux on my Spin 1 laptop, and chose the 'delete disk' option for a completely fresh start.
Now the laptop won't boot but gives the message "failed to start  Coldplug all udev devices" on the screen. 
After waiting for ages, I get the following:
Timed out waiting for device /dev/mccblk0p1
Dependency failed for /boot/efi
Dependency failed for Local File Systems
I am told I am in emergency mode and I'm invited to press Ctrl-D to continue. I do that and up pops the Manjaro opening screen but the touch pad doesn't work and a plugged-in usb mouse also doesn't work.
What to do? Thanks

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited March 2021
    If the F12 boot menu is enabled in your BIOS settings, you can boot a Windows 10 USB and use the repair tools to get a Command Prompt.  At the Command Prompt, type diskpart to use diskpart clean to wipe your eMMC.

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x      (x is your eMMC disk #)
    clean
    exit

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • raysa

Tinkerer

Thanks JordanB, but it turned out the internal eMMC was faulty. I'm now running the laptop successfully with the system installed on a plugged-in microdisk.
  • How did you disable emmc?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • raysa

Tinkerer

I don't recall actually disabling the internal emmc. I think I just moved the plugged-in microSD to the top position in bios and installed a fresh linux installation to it, along with all my data. The laptop seems to be treating the plug-in just as it used to treat the now-ignored internal.
    (I really must remember to make notes for future reference!)