How can I know the Appropriate ram for my laptop? And how much can I add? Aspire E 15 E5-576G-57XK

Mohammed_2000
Mohammed_2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I want to upgrade the ram of my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-57XK Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz. My questions are, How many rams can I add? What brands?. I have 4 ram which came with the laptop.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,435 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi, I want to upgrade the ram of my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-57XK Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz. My questions are, How many rams can I add? What brands?. I have 4 ram which came with the laptop.

The Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor can take DDR4-2133, LPDDR3-1866, DDR3L-1600 type memory, Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) is 32 GB, Max # of Memory Channels 2, Max Memory Bandwidth 34.1 GB/s and ECC Memory Supported ‡ No. it also comes with the Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® HD Graphics 620, Graphics Base Frequency300 MHz, Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.00 GHz and Graphics Video Max Memory 32 GB, these are all OEM specs for the i5-7200U processor, which apply to and in different laptop/desktop designs, which doesn’t necessarily apply to your Aspire E 15 E5-576G-57XK, best way to find out “How many rams can I add” is to open it up and see, how many memory slots you have (it should be 2x) this is a very simple and unobtrusive process.

Also, follow what brummyfan2 is suggesting above, and also look up these command prompt memory information commands at "PC Memory Specs" (for speed, size, type, part number, form factor) to make sure that you upgrade to the exact memory that your laptop can take and work properly with, it’s a simple process.  

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the current memory specs in Memory tab and SPD tab, buy modules with same specs, you can use any brand but avoid any modules especially made for particular brand of laptops.
    You may need DDR3L 1600MHz modules, you can upgrade up to 32GB(2x16GB) but it's an overkill, I would suggest you upgrade up to 16GB(2x8GB), for majority of normal work it should be sufficient.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,435 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor can take DDR4-2133, LPDDR3-1866, DDR3L-1600 type memory, Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) is 32 GB, Max # of Memory Channels 2, Max Memory Bandwidth 34.1 GB/s and ECC Memory Supported ‡ No. it also comes with the Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® HD Graphics 620, Graphics Base Frequency300 MHz, Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency 1.00 GHz and Graphics Video Max Memory 32 GB, these are all OEM specs for the i5-7200U processor, which apply to and in different laptop/desktop designs, which doesn’t necessarily apply to your Aspire E 15 E5-576G-57XK, best way to find out “How many rams can I add” is to open it up and see, how many memory slots you have (it should be 2x) this is a very simple and unobtrusive process.

Also, follow what brummyfan2 is suggesting above, and also look up these command prompt memory information commands at "PC Memory Specs" (for speed, size, type, part number, form factor) to make sure that you upgrade to the exact memory that your laptop can take and work properly with, it’s a simple process.  

• Mohammed_2000
    Mohammed_2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the current memory specs in Memory tab and SPD tab, buy modules with same specs, you can use any brand but avoid any modules especially made for particular brand of laptops.
    You may need DDR3L 1600MHz modules, you can upgrade up to 32GB(2x16GB) but it's an overkill, I would suggest you upgrade up to 16GB(2x8GB), for majority of normal work it should be sufficient.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

how many empty ram slots do i have in my laptop.