acer aspire e5-473g brand new SSD black screen after windows logo (using USB windows 10 bootable)

KidaSAganja
KidaSAganja Member Posts: 2 New User
can anyone help me what to do?
i have an acer aspire e5-473g (i5 5200u, 4gb pc3l 128000, 1tb toshiba, nvidia 940m 2gb)
i upgraded to 120gb SSD and add a 4gb pc3l (now it's 2x4gb = 8gb) so it would run faster
but when i try to install windows 10 using a usb, after the windows logo all i got is black screen and the USB light on my USB stays on
i tried making a 64bit only and 32 bit only and both 64 and 32bit but still have the same result
i already put it on legacy mode on the bios
please someone help me cause i already erased my 1tb hdd and deleted all partitions made it as drive D:, i bought an hdd caddy so that i could make it my storage on my laptop
attached a video so you can see what mistake i made (sorry for the poor quality)

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media/?thread_id=100013262563612&attachment_id=487029502699421&message_id=mid.%24cAAAABXScXBN9b7HScl3Pmr6eCYEE

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    >>> I already put it on legacy mode on the bios.>>>

You can't do this!!!! It must be in UEFI mode. The 120GB SSD is too small to clone/migrate the ACER Windows 10 and software included on the 1TB HDD. If you try to install Win10 from a USB drive onto the 120GB SSD the 1TB HDD must at least be temporarily disconnected or secure boot disabled in the BIOS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KidaSAganja
    KidaSAganja Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    >>> I already put it on legacy mode on the bios.>>>

You can't do this!!!! It must be in UEFI mode. The 120GB SSD is too small to clone/migrate the ACER Windows 10 and software included on the 1TB HDD. If you try to install Win10 from a USB drive onto the 120GB SSD the 1TB HDD must at least be temporarily disconnected or secure boot disabled in the BIOS. Jack E/NJ
    what do you mean clone? im trying to install windows 10 OS on my brandnew SSD.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    ACER factory installed Win10 is already on your HDD. With secure boot enabled in the BIOS, you can only boot from the HDD in UEFI mode. If you change to legacy mode, the SSD must be MBR partitioned, not GPT partitioned, to install generic Win10. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ