Faulty hard drive Aspire 3

AndyLaker
AndyLaker Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
We purchased an Aspire 3 in 2018. The HDD failed within a year and Acer replaced this. It failed again within a further 18 months. Acer are refusing to take any responsibility for the faulty HDD and want me to pay for the repair. They are now ignoring my requests and I am thinking of going to court to have them listen to me in a serious manner. 
Question - am I being unreasonable? Opinions please.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Sorry, standard warranty is one year. However, on the bright side, new replacement HDDs and SSDs for the A3s that are probably much higher capacity than your old drive are only a fraction of the cost they were 2018. 1 TB drives are now less than $40USD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AndyLaker
    AndyLaker Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Sorry, standard warranty is one year. However, on the bright side, new replacement HDDs and SSDs for the A3s that are probably much higher capacity than your old drive are only a fraction of the cost they were 2018. 1 TB drives are now less than $40USD. Jack E/NJ
    Thank ;you - but they are expecting me to "re-purchase" the supplied software which I only need as their product failed. I would expect them to at least give it to me.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    No, you really don't need the earlier ACER factory Win10 version even if you didn't create a recovery USB stick during the setup process when you first got the machine. You can now use Microsoft's media creation tool to make a bootable installation USB stick to install the latest version of Win10 onto the new drive which is probably preferrable these days anyway.

Jack E/NJ