swift 1 SF114-32-P56T BIOS version 1.14

Options
microlab
microlab Member Posts: 2 New User

I updated my swift 1 sf114-32-P56T to the latest bios version 1.14 which introduces NVMe driver and after i installed a ssd m.2 kingston PCIe NVMe 256GB but it is not detected by the bios.
Why does ACER say it has NVMe drivers if it doesn't work? 
Anyone have a solution? You know how I can write directly to the company in TAIWAN ?
thanks in advance

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,110 Trailblazer
    Options
    When you say 'not detected by the BIOS' what do you mean? Have you tried cloning the old drive to the new one? The 1.14 BIOS doesn't add a NVMe driver, it just enhances the existing driver.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • microlab
    microlab Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, when I say "not detected" I mean this in image 1, do you understand now? If the hardware is not detected, don't you think it is useless clon ssd? In image 2 you can see M.2 NVMe that I have installed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,110 Trailblazer
    Options
    That page of the BIOS menu shows the HDD installed, not a SSD. Some builds of the MB don't have NVMe support, but I don't of any way to tell which is which on that model:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.