Aspire A315-55G KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

AironPaulCaliva
AironPaulCaliva Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

The keyboard of my 5-month old Aspire A315-55G is not working just today when it was completely fine the other day. I did every tutorial I found on YouTube but it still does not respond. The power button works well tho. Also, it types a long xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx during the time that I need to type my password. Can someone help me? Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Turn the machine off. Remove the charger. Press and hold a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Plug charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then turn the machine on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@JackE would that reset my whole laptop like files may get corrupted or not?
  • JackE
    It shouldn't. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@JackE I did what you said but unfortunately, upon opening and pressing space key, a lot of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx suddenly flooded the password box and keyboard is not working. What action must I take? Could this be fixed with another system update that will come?
  • JackE
    >>>upon opening and pressing space key,>>>

Upon opening "what"? Do you mean the Windows login screen? Why are you  pressing the space bar? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@JackE Opening the "laptop" by pressing the power button. After it had been turned on, on lockscreen display, I usually press space key to let me dive in to the password box. On the first pressing of the space key, it takes me to the password box. But after that, nothing works at all. I'm certain this is not about physical causes like drops or anything so I'm worried as to I don't know what causes this problem.
  • JackE
    With the machine turned off, can you login to Windows after turning the machine on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@JackE Yes, I can. Thanks to On-Screen Keyboard. It's just the physical keyboard that still doesn't work even after battery reset.
  • when you press f2 before the acer logo, can you access the bios? In addition, version 1.05 corrects a problem for the Canadian, French and Bulgarian keyboard. by any chance, is your keyboard Canadian, French or Bulgarian?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

I pressed F2 before the Acer Logo and until now, it's stuck on the logo. I mean the language I set in my keyboard is English (US).
  • AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho I did press F2 and now it's stuck on Acer logo. What now?
  • OK! then the bios did not appear?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho apparently no. And until now on Acer logo. I'm worried. What should I do?
  • AironPaulCaliva

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho please help meeeee...
  • JackE
    Try to enter the BIOS again by first pressing and holding the FN key while tapping the F2 key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ