g257 Autio through audio input when using HDMI

ctles
ctles Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Monitors
Greetings, I have two g257hu and I am outputting to them through hdmi cables, but I want to be able to use the speakers on both panels through the audio input, but there no sound. when i go to VGA +audio input it works. Does using HDMI disable audio input, or is there something else i need to do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    It depends on your computer. With most Windows computers when you connect an HDMI device you get a new entry under output device in sound options. Just select that as your output and that monitor should start making the sound.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ctles
    ctles Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    It depends on your computer. With most Windows computers when you connect an HDMI device you get a new entry under output device in sound options. Just select that as your output and that monitor should start making the sound.
    Right so I now have two of those, which means at the moment i can only output sound from one monitor. I want to output sound from both
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Yeah, I don't know of any way to use both monitors as speakers unless there's a software package that lets you merge two outputs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.