Acer AspireC24-760 PC 'In Private'

Auldboy70
Auldboy70 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, very recently my PC as above has stopped me accessing 'In Private' I have contacted my security ppl who say it's not a security problem & cannot help, they have recommended I contact Acer, but before doing so asked me to temporarily disarm my Firewall & suffice to say it didn't make any difference. They also asked me to try & access the page I was trying to access & it worked, meaning it's got something with the settings that I may have inadvertently touched. I am a 70year old man who is useless with most things technical, your help or guidance would really be appreciated.
Thank You        

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I think I know what you mean now, thank you for the messages :),  

The search box at the bottom doesnt seem to work anymore due to a windows update,instead, type into the top bar what i've highlighted above. Let us know if that works :)

Answers

• Leostat
    You mean for the internet browser? If so its not something you can turn off, if it has stopped working, just do a reinstall of it. Which browser are you using?
  • Auldboy70

Tinkerer

Hiya, sori about the delay I'm thinking, do you mean Windows Edge
  • Leostat
    Yes thats the browser, When you say it wont let you what happens? Does CTTL+Shift+N do anything?
  • Auldboy70

Tinkerer

Up at the top right hand side of the screen, we have - = minimize next is a square in a square then an x which closes the page, now immediately below that there's 3 ... press them it opens 3 choice's 1,=new tab 2,=new window & 3, = New in private window, press that then it opens brand new 'in private' window which allows you to type what & where you want to go, (that part works) what doesn't work, is it doesn't do anything it would normally take you to where you want to go as I have just repeated myself. My apologies for the long drawn out reply just trying to be as accurate as I can 
  • Leostat
    edited January 2021
    In the in private tab, try just going to google. If this works, it could be that the site you are trying to goto is down
  • Auldboy70

Tinkerer

Nope, just the same, can i post a photo of what I see ?
  • Leostat
    edited January 2021
    sure, what does it do? And does google work when you use a non in private tab?
  • Auldboy70

Tinkerer

Yes, Google does work, you'll need to tell me how to get a photo of what I see to let you see, 
  • Leostat
    If you press start, type snipping tool, you can take snips of the screen. Hit CTRL+S to save the image and then hit the  attach image button (5 from the right above the text area here) to paste the image
  • Leostat
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I think I know what you mean now, thank you for the messages :),  

The search box at the bottom doesnt seem to work anymore due to a windows update,instead, type into the top bar what i've highlighted above. Let us know if that works :)