Acer 315-23 R8K9 Ryzen 5. can I add a sata ssd?

Options
jjaxxo
jjaxxo Member Posts: 2 New User
 acer 315-23 can I add a sata ssd...it seems to have the same attachment on the motherboard as the higher models, but no mounting bracket or ribbon attachment. if so where can I obtain the latter?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You only need the 2.5" ribbon cable. Google part number "50.HGLN7.003" for vendors that ship to Genoa. Price about $15. I never use the 2.5" metal bracket inside laptops, I only use antistatic foam to immobilize and protect the 2.5" HDD or SSD inside the case  because it's crowded enough without adding more screws and brackets. However, if you insist on adding more screws and metal inside the bracket part  no is 33.HGLN7.001 Also about $15USD.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You only need the 2.5" ribbon cable. Google part number "50.HGLN7.003" for vendors that ship to Genoa. Price about $15. I never use the 2.5" metal bracket inside laptops, I only use antistatic foam to immobilize and protect the 2.5" HDD or SSD inside the case  because it's crowded enough without adding more screws and brackets. However, if you insist on adding more screws and metal inside the bracket part  no is 33.HGLN7.001 Also about $15USD.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jjaxxo
    jjaxxo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks, so I take it that it will recognise an additional ssd? will check out the parts.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    yes, you can install a 2280 nvme ssd m2 and also a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-A315-23/195877
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)