can i install an additional hdd in my Acer Aspire 5 A515-52-57MU

Dominator
Dominator Member Posts: 1 New User
I use an Acer Aspire 5 A515-52-57MU with a 256GB SSD which is not sufficient enough. Can I install an additional HDD?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Yes, you can add any 2.5" HDD or SSD up to 2TB without issues. If you live in the US and CA you may be able to request an installation kit but all you really need is the HDD/SSD cable part no 50.H14N2.003 less than $25. The HDD or SSD can then simply immobilized and protected inside the case with foam.

Jack E/NJ

• DEns
    DEns Member Posts: 2 New User

Any idea where I can get the kit now? The installation kit link not working, states not valid product.

• DEns
    DEns Member Posts: 2 New User

Will any m.2 ssd work for this laptop? For instance Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD | PCIe 4.0 Gen 4x4?

Currently only 256gb ssd m.2 in machine.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>The installation kit link not working, states not valid product.>>>

This should've worked with the SNID if the machine was purchased in the US. Are you in Canada? Is the machine still within the warranty period? There may be two serial numbers listed on the shipping box.

Like mentioned earlier, you really only need the 2.5" drive cable. Search part no. 50.H14N2.003 for vendors who ship to your location. Prices seem to have been reduced to less than $15usd.

Yes, the Kingston m.2 PCIe 4x4 should be compatible but the keyword is should. because it's still bleeding tech. You might want to download and run CPUz freeware to see what kind of an m.2 SSD and PCIe capability you have in there now.

Jack E/NJ