Replacing to 4gb does not let windows to boot aspire 5742z

Dato777
Dato777 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello. I have a 64-bit operating system and  windows 7 ultimate on my acer aspire 5742z. It has 2gb ram, and i want to replace it with 4gb, since laptop works really slow. After i replace it with the one i show in picture attached, windows restarting all the time and blue screen shows up. Please help

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,087 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Use the old RAM modules, download and install CPU-z, run it and post the Memory tab and SPD tab pictures.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

Brummyfan, thanks for your attention. I downloaded cpuid software and here are pictures of tabs you asked for. Thanks and hope for your help.
  • brummyfan2
    edited January 2021
    Hi,
    You need to upgrade with a PC3-10700 1333MHz module, you are trying to install a incompatible RAM, PC3L RAM has 1.35v, you have to use a 1.5V RAM like PC3-10700 module.
    Example:
    Kingston Technology KVR13S9S8/4 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 204-Pin SO-DIMM Value RAM Memory, 1.5 V: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

• Dato777

Tinkerer

I see. And is it possible to install 8 gb ram with 1333 mhz? Attached is the picture of it. Thank you so much
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

Thanks. I just bought 4gb ram (3 pictures in attachment), tried to add it to already existing 2gb old one into another slot, but it still does not enter windows. Restarting endlessly.
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

I also just replaced it with new one. Same problem+blue screens
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

This is the specification of the 4gb ram i bought. Please see in attachment. Its just 10600 instead of 10700. Should it be the issue?
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

Brummyfan, what do you say my friend? Should i return the ram to the seller?
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Try the module in different slot, I am running out of ideas, 10600 same as 10700, as long as the speed(1333MHz) matches with the original RAM it will work, I would suggest you take it to a local laptop repair shop and let a technician have a look.
  • Does the bios recognize the 4gb of ram in the INFORMATION tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Try the module in different slot, I am running out of ideas, 10600 same as 10700, as long as the speed(1333MHz) matches with the original RAM it will work, I would suggest you take it to a local laptop repair shop and let a technician have a look.
    Yes i tried the old module in both slots and it works on both of them. Not the new one though. Thanks anyways mate.👍
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

Does the bios recognize the 4gb of ram in the INFORMATION tab?
    Yes it does. It just wont enter windows, at the moment when windows is loading (glowing colors moving around "windows"), there come the blue screen, sometimes it just flashes blue screen and restarts in the end. 
  • What happens when you reinstall windows?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dato777

Tinkerer

What happens when you reinstall windows?
    I did not even try to. I've read on some forums that reinstalling windows has nothing to do with it. In fact, windows works fine on old module, on both ram module slots.
  • You bought a ddr3L memory:

Your model uses ddr3:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer