Aspire A315-55G keyboard issues

yudz23
yudz23 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,

My laptop keyboard suddenly dont work. I tried some of the workaround here - rebooting, uninstall/installing keyboard drivers, resetting windows. I haven’t brought this laptop to service center yet for repair that i might consider since it has still warranty. I dont know whats causing the issue. Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>it has still warranty>>>

Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Check for a restore point with a date/time stamp that coincides with when the keyboard stopped working. If none, then arrange for ACER warranty repair service by entering your machine's serial number id (SNID) at this link.   https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/support

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yudz23
    Thank you. I’ll check this workaround.
  • AironPaulCaliva
    AironPaulCaliva Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

@yudz23 did this resolve your laptop's issue? I think my laptop has the same issue, and I'm thinking if maybe it's some sort of software issue, more so that it happened just a day after you had this issue. 
  • yudz23
    hi airon - im about to do the workaround suggested. after removing my personal files and cleaning the desktop and restart -  the keyboard works im not sure if its software related or something that ive installed caused the issue. For now, im still observing my laptop hoping that the issue will not happen again. Hope that your laptop issue will be fixed soon.