Nitro 5 AN517-51-56YW Shut Off and Won’t Turn On?

Mglory97
Mglory97 Member Posts: 1 New User
A couple nights back my laptop shut off suddenly with no warning. I can’t turn it back on nor is there a charging light when its plugged in. I’ve tried unplugging it, holding the power button for 30 seconds, and plugging back in and still nothing. I do note that when I’m holding the power button I hear a quiet clicking noise about 26 seconds into holding the button, and when its plugged into the charging cord I can hear a really faint ticking sound from the power box and charging port if I listen closely. 
Any idea what could’ve gone wrong? I’ve had this laptop for about a year now and it showed no signs of any issue. 

Answers

• Eczemahog
    Eczemahog Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm dealing with a similar problem for this model: my computer, which I've had for less than a year, occasionally refused to power up. At first, I was able to turn it on if I kept going back and trying every few minutes, but now, I can't get it to turn on at all. According, to the repair guy I use, it needs a new motherboard.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Mglory97 Eczemahog

Dont worry. it can be fixed by a simple troubleshoot sometimes.
    >>>Flip the laptop. put a small pin inside the battery pin hole and hold for 30sec. if there is no pinhole then press and hold the power button for 10secs.
    >>>mostly these issues can be because of faulty charger also. check if the charger is working on other unit or with a new charger. 
    >>>if it shows a orange a blue light when charger is connected then charger is working fine. 
    >>>its its under the warranty then check with acer support.  Good luck.
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Image result for laptop battery pinhole

Accept if its Helpful.   B)