Headsets won't work with my PC? Acer Nitro N50-610

KennyBatin
KennyBatin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
So I keep having some headset issues and I thought it may have been my headset was kinda broke but it turns out that's not the case seeing as my new one is doing the same. I have a Orzly Hornet RHX-20 headset and the Acer Nitro N50-610 with an i7-10700 8 core CPU and the GeForce GTX 1660 6GB Super.
The process that happens during the issue is that my headset and whatever I'm playing will make a buzzing sound and the game will freeze at the same time temporarily and then it'll unfreeze and stop the noise. So far I can only say that it affects the application Discord and I can't hear my friends and they can't hear me and my microphone doesn't seem to activate when I speak so the headset gets cut out but the game audio doesn't. I had it with Skype too about 30 minutes from writing this and I could hear my friend on Skype and they could hear me but it had a different audio input selected so I don't know if that's why they could hear me but I could hear them which is different from the Discord issues. My old PC didn't have these issues and neither did the old headset with that PC. Also another thing that messes this headset up is when I try to use the spatial sound options the headset cuts out again so I can't even use the DTS X Ultra features this PC has. Really stuck on what's causing the issue and I have tried looking it up but find nothing that relates to or solves my issue.

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Try to update audio driver from the Acer support website.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Try to update audio driver from the Acer support website.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • KennyBatin
    KennyBatin Member Posts: 2 New User
    AnhEZ28 sadly this did not fix the issue. I have tried all sorts of driver updates, audio settings, restarts, re-installs of Discord and tried different audio jack slots (I did make sure to insert them into the correct points).
  • AnhEZ28
    I had this problem before because of my HDD is bad. Also update your bios if that might be the case.
  • gryen56
    gryen56 Member Posts: 1 New User
    yes I am also facing the similar issue with my headset I tried the solution that you mentioned here but in my pc it is not working I tried to apply it many times but could not succeed does you have an other process in you mind then plzguide me I need it urgently.
  • Ribsyo
    Ribsyo Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2022
    A solution that worked for me:
    1. Search and Open Device Manager in windows search bar
    2. Click on Sound, video and game controllers then select the device you're having trouble with
    3. Click on Driver Tab and Update Driver
    4. Click Browse My Computer for drivers
    5. Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    6. Install High Definition Audio Device

Video here shows same method --> video