Acer Aspire Z24-880 not recognising m.2 ssd drive

Options
Bobthegasman
Bobthegasman Member Posts: 4 New User
Have installed a1 terrabyte m.2 but the bios is not seeing it. Bios is version R01-A2 build 06/29/2017 and ec firmware is version 1.00 build 07/07/2017. Is a bios upgrade the fix?

Best Answers

• Bobthegasman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Installed the 256TB Kingston KC2500 and it detected it. All now working.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Weird, I can't think of any reason the size would make a difference... Maybe the 1TB was just bad? Acer says the sizes they do only because that's what they initially tested with, not because larger will not work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Bobthegasman
    Options
    Have a Z24-890 and that has the acer m.2 drive which shows up as a sata drive.
  • billsey
    Options
    What is the brand/model if your 1TB SSD? Is it using a M.2 SATA3 connection or an NVMe connection?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bobthegasman
    Options
    Hi Billsey
    It is a Kingston KC2500 NVME but Acer have now said the y only support 256TB and 128TB so I wait for one to arrive today. Will update this once I have seen if that does the trick.
  • Bobthegasman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Installed the 256TB Kingston KC2500 and it detected it. All now working.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Weird, I can't think of any reason the size would make a difference... Maybe the 1TB was just bad? Acer says the sizes they do only because that's what they initially tested with, not because larger will not work.