Aspire 3 A315-21 wont turn on, blue power light is on

Jess1989
Jess1989 Member Posts: 1 New User
Please help, my laptop was doing great, had zero issues with it. Battery ran out of power and shut off. I plugged it back in and tried to restart it with the orange power light on, but it wouldnt start, so i let it charge for a few hours untill the light went blue, but it still wont turn on. 
I tried the battery reset pin hole, didnt work,
I tried removing the battery and plugging directly into charger and it didnt work,
I also tried booting up in the bios by pressing power and f2 but nothing is working.
the blue battery light is on, but not the power light.
I need this laptop for work and school! please help!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Remove the charger. Press and hold the paperclip into the reset pinhole again. But this time for 60 seconds while at the same time also pressing and holding the power button. Then plug the charger back in and wait again till the battery LED turns steady blue. Then briefly press the power button to turn the machine on. If the power LED still doesn't light up, then when you removed the battery it's possbile that a spring-loaded normally-off mainboard safety interlock switch isn't being pressed hard enough by the bottom cover to keep the switch in the on state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ