Aspire 5 A515-52G Touchpad - not clicking

GARETHPJ
GARETHPJ Member Posts: 4 New User
The touchpad has stopped clicking, you can press it down but nothing happens i'm unable to click or right click. Have reinstalled drivers but no luck. Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click on the HumanInterfaceDevice HID folder. Right click and uninstall the touchpad entry. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GARETHPJ
    Thanks, tried that but no success. Still cant click or right click.
  • JackE
    Does the mouse cursor arrow move around OK? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GARETHPJ
    Mouse/cursor moves around fine and I can double tap on it to select things, just unable to click or right click which is odd.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Is System Protection is turned on in the box that  pops up, click System Restore  button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a date/stamp that approximately coincides with when the touchpad issue started? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GARETHPJ
    No previous restore point to when the issue started as there's been more recent windows updates since.
  • JackE
    Yeah, unfortunately you have to catch the problem soon after it happens or the restore points are overwritten by newer ones. Try this if you haven't done so already. Download and run DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up anything on-line. If not, try one of the other freeware driver tools to see if any of them will solve the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,174 Trailblazer
    edited February 2021
    When you change the functions of the left button to the right button and double-click or drag an icon with the right button, does it work?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)