Touchpad does not work troubleshoot says to download find System Aspire 315-23

JesssS
JesssS Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
brand new Acer Aspire 315-23-R4PF touchpad mouse does not work at all I have tried to troubleshoot but am unableto find the System O/I driver it indicates to download before any touchpad drivers! any help is greatly appreciated

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    try pressing only f7, fn + f7 and alt + f7
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JesssS
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all so much I feel like such an idiot it was the F7 button toggled the TouchPad on and off! 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    try pressing only f7, fn + f7 and alt + f7
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021
    If you install HWinfo what chipset is it? It could be beacuse ACER are not allowed to redistribute the driver as the AMD driver packs seem to have the serial drivers in it, for example https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-2-07-14-327 has the following:

AMD I2C Driver 1.2.0.10
    AMD UART Driver 1.2.0.112
    AMD GPIO2 Driver 2.2.0.130
    PT GPIO Driver 2.0.1.0

These are all serial devices, Im thinking that if we find the right driver pack from https://www.amd.com/en/support It will be what you need 👍

Brand new there should also be the drivers in the system restore partition, has the touchpad never worked?
  • JesssS
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all so much I feel like such an ***** it was the F7 button toggled the TouchPad on and off!