Bluetooth completely disappeared Acer A515-41G

marseluca
marseluca Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Model: Acer A515-41G

I've literally tried everything, but the buluetooth seems to be vanished on my laptop. It's suddenly disappeared from the notification box, from device manager (even if I select "show hidden devices"). I tried windows troubleshooting, searching for updates in Windows Update, I tried downloading some drivers manually, I tried to select "autostart bluetooth" in Services MMC, but none of this worked.
If you have a clue on what is happening and how I could solve this... I think it's an hardware problem, as if the laptop doesn't recognizes the bluetooth part anymore, because once I uninstalled all the bluetooth devices, they haven't reinstalled anymore and now, it's as if my laptop has never had the bluetooth. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. if System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click System Restore button. Click next. Select automatic restore point with a date time stamp about when BT disappeared. If it fixes the problem, you will probably have to use Microsoft update hide tool to temporarily block the update from reinstalling till a future update fixes the problem.
    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ