Keybord Backlit doesnt work A515-44 - R3T5

leonardolima90
leonardolima90 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,

I got an Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 - R3T5 and I just can't turn the backlight from the keyboard on.

I checked the BIOS and there is nothing about the keyboard. Tried do find updates from BIOS or Keybord and also nothing.

I tried Fn+F9 and Fn+F8 and nothing happens. Also my F8 button is in blank, no symbol.

I just got the laptop from the shop. Dont know what to do.

Could someone help me?

Thank you!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, this model doesn't have the Keyboard backlight feature because I think you don't have the connector for backlight cable in the motherboard, it has been left bare without any plastic tab to connect the cable.

• leonardolima90
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, this model doesn't have the Keyboard backlight feature because I think you don't have the connector for backlight cable in the motherboard, it has been left bare without any plastic tab to connect the cable.

Oh this is frustrating, on Acer website it says this model comes with the backlight keyboard. But thank you anyway.
  • this link does not mention that the keyboard has lighting https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.HW7EK.002
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • leonardolima90
    this link does not mention that the keyboard has lighting https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.HW7EK.002
    the link I saw was this one https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/model/NX.HWCEK.002 and it says it has
  • But they are different versions of the same model:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)