Doesn't boot just the black screen

Sara2021
Sara2021 Member Posts: 4 New User
Nothing has been changed or added and the laptop it less that 2 yrs and I don't use it that much. Used by 1 adult. No gaming just regular stuffs.. Just started this problem. It turns on and goes to a blank black screen. Used repeatedly the F8 key, put the power cord and pulled it out and turned off the laptop right away, turned on and pressed the power key to shut it off. All these steps did not help me to start the laptop on a safe mode. There is no noise coming out or the noise to show that the fan is over worked. Help out to know what next to do. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try to HDMI out to a TV screen. You may have to press the FN+F5 or FN+F6 combination to turn on the TV screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Does the ACER logo screen appear first, then goes to a black screen? If not, turn the laptop off, Remove the charger. Then insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sara2021

Thanks for your reply. I have just followed your instructions but it did not work. And yes there is no logo showing up. It's just going straight to a black screen but I could hear like the processor is trying to boot up (but not a lot of noise) like the normal way when always starting. Then after that it is quiet as usual...🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

JackE said:
    Does the ACER logo screen appear first, then goes to a black screen? If not, turn the laptop off, Remove the charger. Then insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again. Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Try to HDMI out to a TV screen. You may have to press the FN+F5 or FN+F6 combination to turn on the TV screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sara2021
    Oh wow Thank you so much...I have tried and it worked . So what is the problem? The display or something else?
  • Sara2021

e TV screen. Jack E/NJ
    So from here now I know my hard drive is ok, no ram pronlems... what is the problem? Or how do I go from here?
    What do I do to make the display work again? I have to than k you for helping me not to go through and unscrew the laptop... but now I don't know what is the problem or how I fix it?

• JackE
    The TV screen suggest suggests that the graphics adapter and mainboard are fine. If FN+F6 doesn't turn the laptop LCD screen on, the most likely problem is the  LCD video ribbon that often fails in the hinge area due to the wear and tear of opening and closing the lid too much. The ribbon cables are fairly inexpensive, usually less than $20USD, but does require removing the bottom cover and possible the keyboard depending on your full ACER model number. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ