Acer Aspire E 15-575 won’t turn on

axco
axco Member Posts: 2 New User
The lap top does not turn on using the battery alone or the power supply alone or when both are connected.  When I plug in the power supply the amber light comes on but when I hit the power button the amber light goes out.  Once I release the power button the light goes on again but the computer did not start.  I tried the battery reset button and I'm aware of the small switch under the hard drive/memory cover.  What else can I check?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>Once I release the power button the light goes on again but the computer did not start.>>>

Do NOT try to press the power  button until after the steady amber charging LED turns to steady blue. This may take up to 8 hours if the battery hasn't been damaged since it seems to be in a critically low charge state. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• axco
    axco Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for your comment but the amber light turned itself off after about 1 hour
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    That's OK. Keep the charger plugged in anyway. The charge LED may come on again. But don't try to turn it on till it turns steady blue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ