Blue and orange lights blinking when i plug in the charger, laptop won't charge, what do Aspire5

jordi_0xf
jordi_0xf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 5 (i5 8th gen and nvidia mx130) i had this issue for a while now, when i play a game on high graphics or when i just keep working on it for too long it just stops charging and the blue and orange lights start blinking rapidly, i used to solve this by unplugging and repluging the charger but now the issue is persistent and i can't even charge it
What I tried and didn't work:
- Changing the power adapter/charger
- Resetting the battery with the battery reset pinhole, when i do this and plug in the charger no lights show up at all
The battery capacity is at 80%
PLEASE help me I spent so much money on the laptop and i need it to study. Thank you.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>The battery capacity is at 80%>>>

What do you mean by this? 80% of what? 80% of its original brand new capacity? If BOTH the blue power and orange charge LEDs start to blink, the battery's own internal charge controller is likely failing. If the controller is going bad, the battery would still have to be replaced anyway even if it was capable of holding a charge. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in for maximum game time. If you want longer game time you will need higher power charger. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jordi_0xf
    jordi_0xf Member Posts: 3 New User
    JackE said:
    Battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in for maximum game time. If you want longer game time you will need higher power charger. Jack E/NJ
    Thank you for your time but that's not really my issue, the laptop won't charge at all, even after resetting the battery, after the 15 minute wait, when i plug in the charger, the indicators won't even light up.. i tried to change the charger but it didn't work at all, i just want to charge my laptop for work and studies, but i can't identify the problem. Please help
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>The battery capacity is at 80%>>>

What do you mean by this? 80% of what? 80% of its original brand new capacity? If BOTH the blue power and orange charge LEDs start to blink, the battery's own internal charge controller is likely failing. If the controller is going bad, the battery would still have to be replaced anyway even if it was capable of holding a charge. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ