P03-620 buying a better cooler

System
System Member Posts: 4,540 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited February 2021 in Predator Desktops
This discussion was created from comments split from: PO3-620.

Answers

• Neff_Zillion
    Neff_Zillion Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi, i have the P03-620 with i7-10700, rtx 2060 super and i get crazy CPU temps and im not even at 100% usage, i get between 84-93 playing rocket league and i get the same temps playing cod coldwar, any recommendations other than buying a better cooler (which i will).  please and thx
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Middle to high 80s is normal for gaming, that's about where the fans go into full speed mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fingarn
    Fingarn Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
    P03-620 with i7-10700, Gtx 3070. 1 week old. CPU temp 95-99C 60 min low intensive gaming (civ6, TotalWar WH2), GPU temp ok. Retailer says this is Ok and acceptable for pre-built rig. Any comments, suggestions?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Fingarn said:
    P03-620 with i7-10700, Gtx 3070. 1 week old. CPU temp 95-99C 60 min low intensive gaming (civ6, TotalWar WH2), GPU temp ok. Retailer says this is Ok and acceptable for pre-built rig. Any comments, suggestions?
    laptop can handel 100c. but its not recommended, try using the cooling pad or cooling liquid. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Fingarn
    Acer 3000 predator P03-620 i7-10700, Gtx 3070 desktop (not laptop). Wondering if cpu cooler can be upgraded. Mixed responses to the topic across forum. Is there any cpu cooler that can be fitted without removing motherboard?
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Fingarn said:
    Acer 3000 predator P03-620 i7-10700, Gtx 3070 desktop (not laptop). Wondering if cpu cooler can be upgraded. Mixed responses to the topic across forum. Is there any cpu cooler that can be fitted without removing motherboard?
    How about increasing the fan ratio. did you try that in nitrosense? 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Fingarn
    Fans maxing out. Seems like the whole rig is about to hover out the window. 95-99c cpu temp. 

Seriously. I really would appreciate info on successful cpu cooling upgrades for Orion Predator 3000 P03-620 i7-10700.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    @Fingarn you should start your own thread with your question so the moderators don't have to split it off like they did earlier in the thread... Your temps sound high to me, 85-90 is normal, 95-100 is not. Be sure to include the full model number, what your symptoms are and what you've tried so far. It might be as simple as redoing the thermal paste rather than a full cooling system replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fingarn
    Thx @billsey. I will start new thread.