G3-710 Case Swap

Options
NewfieKing
NewfieKing Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi all, I have a G3-710 (1060 3gb, i5-6400) and want to switch the inernals to a newer, nicer case. The thing is, I can't figure out if 1. The mobo has removable standoffs and 2. how to get the front plastic cover off the device. I've seen the thing about the six tabs but I followed the instructions on how to do it yet it still won't budge even a little. The case I'm planning on getting can be found here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRMDZCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Any info helps!

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,156 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You may have to disconnect the LED power button cable, then undo the tabs, pull the front cover, as for the standoff query, I couldn't find any information, you have to wait for someone else reply or check yourself.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would expect the new case has standoffs for the normal holes, so you can just use them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SonnyPaulTagle
    SonnyPaulTagle Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Did you eventually Swap the internals into the case? If you did, did it fit in perfectly?