Which brand or product can I use for z3-600-UB16 RAM upgrade?

Options
azenet
azenet Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello! New here. Would really appreciate some help. I have no idea how to upgrade ram on my z3-600 but I desperately need it to run faster. Thought i had bought what I needed but just removed backing on my acer and looks like it’s not the right size. I love this computer. Please help. Any advice would be appreciate it. Thank you!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It is indeed, you need to get DDR3L SODIMM, i belive the max memeory speed is 1600Mhz, looking at a teardown it looks like its under the metal heatsink (https://www.worldcadaccess.com/blog/2013/01/adding-ram-to-acers-zs600-all-in-one-computer-is-tough-heres-how-to-do-it.html)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, that motherboard is setup to use the same type of memory as a laptop uses, so save space within the case. You need DDR3L SO-DIMM at 1600MHz as Leostat suggests. Note that DDR3 and DDR3L are quite different, because they run at different voltages. Before you upgrade the memory though I suggest you look into the cost of replacing the existing HDD with a SSD. It will make a much bigger different in the overall system performance than the memory upgrade. If it's within your budget, do both!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.