How to Turn off Adaptive Brightness in Acer Aspire 3 A315-42g

PhoenixFelix101
PhoenixFelix101 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I use an Acer Aspire 3 Laptop and can't turn off the adaptive brightness function. It doesn't show up in the brightness settings, nor does it show up as a display option in the "advanced power settings" for the power plan. This has been going on for a week now and I can't find help for this anywhere. What can I do before I throw this computer across the room?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Is there an option for adaptive brightness hidden within the intel control panel in the power options under power saving mode?
  • PhoenixFelix101
    Leostat said:
    Is there an option for adaptive brightness hidden within the intel control panel in the power options under power saving mode?
    Nope. That's what the screenshot of the "Advanced Settings" window is for.
  • Leostat
    edited February 2021
    That looks like the Power configuration options in windows, there should also be a intel control panel not the power options, sooo :D

It used to live under right click desktop -> intel graphics settings
  • PhoenixFelix101
    There is no Intel Control Panel. There also isn't even an "intel graphics settings" in the right-click on the Windows icon.
  • Leostat
    On the desktop rather than the icon :)https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000005596/graphics.html ) , failing that it installs insto c:/windows/system32/gfxv.....exe (where there will be a v2_0 or whatever dpending on the version

If its not there it suggests the drivers are not installed which could explain the lack fo brightness control!
  • Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I also have Aspire 3 laptop (A315-42g to be precise). It has an awful TN Panel screen which I have to keep at max brightness to obtain a usable level of display experience. However, when it's on battery the screen switches to some adaptive brightness mode and goes back and forth dim-bright-dim like a road block light, and I can't turn that off. I just want the display to stay at the brightness level I manually set, whether it's on battery or AC power. How can I do it?
    This model has AMD CPU and AMD graphics cards (ryzen 5 3500u with vega8 + radeon 540x)
    I tried installing Adrenalin drivers from AMD but Windows 10 update later reverts them.
  • Denki
    Denki Member Posts: 1 New User
    Go on Intel Graphics command centre ->System->Power and then mess around with the settings
  • PhoenixFelix101
    edited September 2021
    Leostat said:
    That looks like the Power configuration options in windows, there should also be a intel control panel not the power options, sooo :D

It used to live under right click desktop -> intel graphics settings
    There is no intel graphics settings. Anywhere. Not is there an intel control panel.
  • Leostat
    is it possible to grab a screenshot of the device manager display adapters? If there arnt any intel settings at all that could be the issue! There should be a intel control pannel which may need re installing :)